Buying a new car is exciting, but it can also be nerve-wracking. To ensure you take home the vehicle that best meets your needs, we 100 percent encourage you take multiple test drives, even if you already have your heart set on just one model.
As your local Chrysler dealership in Barrington, we know the ins-and-outs of test driving. Whether you’re a new driver or if you want to simplify your experience, this checklist will teach you how to test drive a car.
Questions to ask before you get to the dealership…
- What body type am I looking for? With the variety of today’s market, researching vehicles can be daunting. First, figure out if you’re better suited for a pickup truck, a sedan, a minivan, or an SUV and narrow your search from there.
- Is this within my budget? Test driving a car is not window shopping, and chances are you’re not going to talk the dealer down to half the price.
- Should I schedule an appointment? At Wickstrom Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, you can schedule an appointment or simply drop by to take a test drive or shop our selection of new and used cars for sale.
Questions to ask while driving…
- How does it feel on the road and highway? If possible, it’s ideal to test drive the vehicle on various roads and at different speed limits to see how it adjusts to changing conditions.
- Does the car offer the space and amenities I need? It’s easy to forget about the special features and focus too much on the drive. You’re going to be using the radio, controls, and seating every day, so make sure it’s up to your standards.
- Is the ride responsive? This includes both accelerating and braking. How does it feel reaching higher speed and in stop-and-go traffic conditions?
Test driving a car is quick and easy when done properly. If you still have questions, feel free to contact our Jeep dealers serving Alrington Heights, IL!